Monday, November 4, 2013

Late Stage

I'm up to the finishing stage of the baby quilt, though the baby isn't here yet--he's over a week late. He'll be my grandchild's cousin and we're all anxious to meet him. 
I did some simple quilting with the walking foot and then added some freehand loops. 
I like the effect on the back too. Originally I was going to do an X in the squares but felt the single line was a bit more modern. I had predicted the baby would be born on Tuesday at 2:00 am--I could still be right!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Very cute, Annie. I like the little scallop stitches. Is that a decorative stitch on your machine?
Is there a prize if you did guess right?

Abby and Stephanie said...

Do you win a prize if you predict correctly? :o) I think you'll have it completed just in the nick of time. It's so sweet.

Shay said...

Oooh I love that quilting Annie! It really adds a lot of fun visual interest to the quilt top....

Im guessing this baby wont make an appearance until Thursday. 4.21 am. (your time or mine - my inner psychic isnt being that specific)

Lorraine said...

Perfect fabric choice for the quilt, and the quilting looks fantastic! I am pretty sure the baby was just waiting for the quilt to be finished and will be here soon!

Joyful Quilter said...

Your baby quilt turned out very cute! Love the quilting.

loulee said...

What a lovely little quilt. I'm with you on the quilting, I'd be tempted to do Xs, but it looks fantastic just as it is.

Kate said...

Very cute! At least the quilt is on time!

Pokey said...

Your quilting looks nice, good call on the straight lines and loops ~
:-}pokey

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...