Tuesday, August 15, 2017

County Fair Part 2

Our Ventura County Fair has many exhibit halls and I took lots of photos in the Home Arts building, as well as a few other Fair sights that caught my eye.   First up, more modern quilts, by fellow guild members.
 Loved this improv churn dash by Chris.  I'm pretty sure she quilted it herself.

 Judy's curves looked great with the echoed curved quilting.

 Another Improv style quilt with lots of color and movement.
 Many will recognize this Fancy Forest pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. LOVED the woodgrain quilting on this one. The ceilings are high and the quilts hung hopefully out of reach!

 A modern double wedding ring quilt was pretty cool.  This was entered under the embroidered category. the quilting was very well done, though some of the embroidery was a little rough.

On the traditional side, I admired the wonderful scrappy small house blocks and trees in this big quilt.  I wondered if it was made of swapped blocks. 
Poor lighting made viewing and photographing this cute quilt difficult.  Another popular pattern, though I don't know the designer. 
 Very nicely pieced batik quilt by another guild member. 

 I've admired this paper-pieced cat pattern in magazines before, but again don't know the designer.  That is a lot of tedious sewing for a quilt, if you ask me, but it looks great.

 A few cross-stitched pieces caught my eye. 

Isn't this beautifully done and framed?  Aside from quilts, Home Arts includes clothing, painting, sculpture, crochet, woodworking, leather, and carving of all types. It is always fun to cruise the booths and display cases. 
 Beautiful painted gourd.  I like the carved one with the handle beyond it.

 Adorable Tin Man sculpture in one of the display booths.


 Gorgeous wool applique too.   A few more photos to share--see next post!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh love love the quilts!

Sherrill said...

Oh my gosh! Lots of great stuff in this post. Love those quilts, that cross-stitch piece is beyond words and the tin man!! I saw something about a garden tin man awhile back and decided I needed to make one for myself. So far I've ordered and received the funnel hat..that's it. HA

Kate said...

Wow! Gorgeous quilts. The painted gourd is pretty cool too.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...