Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday's Orts--September

Tuesday's Orts--random bits of thoughts and events that land here occasionally.
  • National Sew a Jelly Roll Day found me needle deep in strip sets. 

I sewed and sewed and ironed and ironed.  Most of these prints are from the Civil War Homefront Jelly Roll.  Some 4 patches and also HSTs appeared but there is a lot of cutting, sewing, and trimming yet to be done before this pile of yummy prints turns into a bunch of Jewel Box blocks.
  • My husband's birthday happened to coincide with that National Sew Day.  We went out to a favorite breakfast place, where he was gifted a huge cinnamon roll for his birthday.  I helped eat it. 
Who could resist those blue eyes?   The table behind us included four young boys in their party.  I was astonished to see them peeling back the foil of jelly packets and eating the jelly with a spoon.  Then they had chocolate milk and pancakes with syrup.  I predicted sugar comas for all. 
  • Our grandsons both fell sick on Saturday, which meant their parents' plans to see a concert in LA were cancelled, but Mimi was recruited to watch the boys for a few hours so they could still have a night out locally--everybody wanted to watch some boxing match (not me!).  I got this photo prior to the request: 

Hunter (1 1/2) crashed out on the bean bag.  He's nearly 25 lbs and very busy.  He's suddenly saying short phrases and learning new words every day.  Mama gave him a haircut since that photo.  Big brother Cove was the sickest, hardly any color to his face and just miserable with a fever and cold symptoms.  They are better today but not completely well yet.
  • One of the docs came in Monday morning and relayed a new phrase I'm going to have to steal: He reported that a relative of his was "On the top of his Fecal Roster".  lol
  • Three years ago this happened: 
Lucy as a Sandwich Board advertiser.  I visit Lucy sometimes at DD Erica's house.   I miss Lucy greeting me every morning and demanding a cuddle before breakfast. 
  • Traffic Rant:  Tailgaters who zoom up behind you and cling to your bumper despite speed limits and the lack of any alternate lane one can move to. 

3 comments:

Sherrill said...

You and I think a lot alike re: stupid, moronic drivers! I'm contantly looking in my rearview mirror hollering at people asking them why they're on my a$$!!! Poor babies..hope they're all better now.

Janet O. said...

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!
And happy birthday to your handsome hubby. :)
Such a cute shot of Hunter. He is a big boy!

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday to Your Guy. Hope the kiddos are fully recovered now. It's so miserable when they are sick.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...